you could be on the bank now.

what are you still doing here?

Monday, July 11, 2011

baitflossing a dead horse

so this obviousely isn´t working. no calls from big bill, no buckets full of bait at my front door - i feel deflated. it must be that i jumped onto the blogging bandwagon too late. my rise to fieldtester status and ultimately superstardom has come to a sudden halt before it even started. if despair, rejection and shame mixed together came as just one reeking flavour then i am oozing it, i can feel it tingling on my tongue, i can see it creeping up the nostrils of everybody around me, i am humbled, i am hurt, i can´t see the fucking point, i am my usual self.

as i sobbingly tell a mate about it he quite rightly points out to me that there is obviousely a lack of carpy pictures among a mass of poorly written pulpiness. these baitspoons of word dropped cunningly into the vastness of the interlake are about carp, and catching carp, and releasing carp after all. and trophy shots are "part of the deal", proof of the pudding stuff, putting a tag on your quarry stuff, mine´s bigger than yours stuff - you get the drift.






so here´s the first piccy. it is the fish i´m after this year and just this weekend i got a chance to see it on the bank. i was both gutted and elated to see the fish - gutted cuz i knew i wouldn´t catch it in this session and happy cuz i´ve never actually seen a fish of such proportions in flesh.

friday afternoon and i´ve just finished setting up when matey from
 a couple swims down calls me over. he tells me to bring my set of scales cuz the fish in his sling had bottomed out his 25kg digitals. straightaway i know that my target fish is on his mat. so i hurry over and together we hoist her up on the tripod to get a correct reading on the scales. mesmerized we watch the needle of the reuben heatons almost swing past the magical 60lbs mark, missing it only by a few ounces. what a pig! I snap off a couple of trophy shots for him and salute him from all my heart. it was by no means a fluke and i know that he had put in quite some time and effort to catch this particular fish so it was well deserved. cheers, mate! i shout out as i make my way back to my swim.

it was good to see the fish in good heatlh and looking at it in some other lucky angler´s arms made me even more determined to track it down eventually to get my own proof of the pudding type piccies - since i don´t get to play the "mine´s bigga" card too often anyway.

so there you go - a carp, allzerosandones. since i haven ´t caught one myself in months, i´ll have to think of something pretty soon. can´t be posting other people´s fish forever, but i got this mate and he´s got a computer with some fancy foto chop program on it or something and i´ll have him superimpose some carp from the internet into my hands. sorted!

so if you see me on the bank in the swim next to you - don´t even think about bumming some weed offa me cuz i ain´t got any. plus i´m skint. and even if i had any - i wouldn´t fucking sort you out just because we share a passion for realtree patterns. fuck off!

cheerio

1 comment:

  1. Thumbs up, poor bastard! Next time she will be yours! Hell Yeah!

    ReplyDelete