you could be on the bank now.

what are you still doing here?

Monday, July 25, 2011

50 mill all the way / bringing queerness back into carpfishing

do your bobbins have to be level? i get out at night to make sure that mine are. even if my rods are not set up perfectly parallel only inches apart because the fishing situation dictates it, i stil go all the way to insure that both bobbins are set at exactly the same distance from the blank of the rod.

if i have to resort to using a rod pod i spend ages making sure that everything is level and the whole set up looks the part. does it catch me more fish? i highly doubt it, but then - it´s not all about catching them, is it? if you put in some time and effort you will catch them sooner or later. cuz after all carpfishing is not rocket science (even if it is so much fun pretending).
now, as ou could guess from the whole bobbin issue, the aesthetics of carpangling play a major part in me becoming this sad, obsessive carp fiend. even back in the dark ages of rubbish buzzers that would squeak every now and then, even in windless (and of course fishless) conditions, the era of shitty army clothes and rods and reels that didn´t match - even back then i knew what i wanted me and my swim to look like. i remember being just as happy when i got my first set of matching, proper carp rods as i was when caught my first 30lbs carp. does this make me the most superficial person ever? like i give a shit.
i love it. tackle tartism to tha fullest, baby! flash bizzaz. dresscodes, brandnames, premium ranges, the shades of olive, the greenish olive, the brownish olive, the subdued tones, the realtree patterns, stainless steel everything, stainlesssteeleverything!
i am seriousely considering having my next set of rods made up with 50 mill rings from starter all the way through to the tip ring. that would look seriousely cool on a 3,5 lbs hi-s blank and if it offends the 9 ft 12 ring stalker type brigade thats always brabbling about "the soft playing action" of their kit, all the better.
so that´s one reason why i love this game (that makes carpangling sound gang related, but in a gay way). it all boils down to just looking way better as a carpangler than a rollerblader (do people actually still rollerblade?).




so if you see me on the bank in the swim next to you,getting a suntan on my unhooking mat, with my speedos on, trying to hide my rollerblades in them - make sure you zoom in on the (pleaseinsertbaitsponsornamehere) tattoo on my ass before you load it up on the net. oh, and fuck off!

stay glitzy,

No comments:

Post a Comment